What is Line Set Protection?
What is line set protection and why does your line set need to be protected? A common question that is often overlooked in the HVAC industry. Every mini-split comes with refrigerant line sets. There is just no avoiding it. These lines usually run along the outer wall, and these mini-split lines are not visually pleasing.
What is line Set Protection?
Slimduct by Inaba Denko America provides lineset protection in an attractive weather and fire resistant, UV barrier that’s constructed from high-grade PVC to conceal wall-mounted linesets in residential units. Slimduct creates a seal to keep your home watertight, pest free and protect the lines from any damage from the elements, pests, and any lawn care accidents.
That’s why everyone with an installed mini-split system is looking for a way to protect and hide the lines. Slimduct is engineered by Inaba Denko of Japan and designed for challenging installations and extreme conditions.
Why do I need line set protection?
Unprotected lines can be exposed to several things that can cause damage to the refrigerant lines running into your house. Inclement weather, rain, snow, wind, sleet, ice, weed eaters and other lawn care devices. Dogs and other small animals, anything that likes to chew or get tangled in the lines can wreak havoc. When the refrigerant lines become damaged, it could cause the coolant to leak and the unit to lose efficiency. Eventually, leading to higher energy bills. Slimduct line set covers, guard and protect your mini-split system, while adding style and increasing overall efficiency.
Top Features of Slimduct Line Set Cover Guard Systems
- Weather and fire resistant; UV stabilized. Remains attractive and provides protection for years. Tested to over 2,000 hours. Temp range: (-4°F to 140°F)
- Protects from pets, pests, and vandals. Flat bottom channel and elbow hugs wall, eliminates insect, bird nests from disrupting your mini split system.
- One year warranty. Long lasting professional grade polymers.
- Snap-together design allows for quick installation, saving time and money.
- Deeper profile. Provides more room to work and accommodates thicker insulation per latest codes.
- Wider design. Allows for multiple linesets under one cover.
- Complete system. Covers and fittings for the majority of applications; available in a wide assortment of sizes, grades, and colors.
- Wall hide kits. Everything to hide and protect lineset for a typical A/C installation in one box.
- Compatible accessories. Works with 3-In-1 Lineset Cover Cutter, UV-Resistant Non-Adhesive Wrap, and Paircoil Lineset Insulation.
- All Inaba Denko Slimduct products, the kit's contents are UV, weather, fire and scratch resistant.
About Inaba Denko America
Inaba Denko America offers premium HVAC supplies using cutting-edge technology designed by Inaba Denko of Japan.